Saturday 16 December 2017

Southbank Centre

Yesterday I visited the new Abba exhibition at the Southbank Centre in London - I am not going to give too much away because the layout, and in particular how you move from room to room, I thought was very interesting and in some cases quite funny.

For me the best part of the whole experience was the re-creation of Polar studios where you had the chance to play with the mix of “Money, Money, Money”. You were able to remove everything other than the lead vocals (amazing !) and also listen to parts of the backing vocals which I had never noticed before after all these years.

A few of the other highlights for my were Benny’s boots from the 1979 Tour, Agnetha’s headphones from the “Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)” video and seeing how small some of Agnetha and Frida’s original costumes were !

Although I have been to the Abba Museum and also visited Abba World when it was in London the whole experience made the visit more than worthwhile and I would recommend it to anyone who is in London over the next few months.

There was no photography allowed within the exhibition itself so the pictures I have are from outside the hall and the gift shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment