This day in 1977 ABBA's latest single "The Name Of The Game" hit the number 1 spot in the UK charts where it stayed until 3rd December.
On the way to the top of the chart the single replaced "Yes Sir I Can Boogie" by Baccara at the number one spot and was itself replaced four weeks later by "Mull Of Kintyre" by Wings.
The top five selling singles that week in the UK was as follows -
- Abba - The Name Of The Game
- Baccara - Yes Sir I Can Boogie
- Rod Stewart - You’re In My Heart
- Le Belle Epoque - Black Is Black
- Status Quo - Rockin’ All Over The World
The UK was the only country where the single reached the number 1 spot although it did reach number 2 in Sweden and Ireland, number 3 in South Africa and Norway and number 4 in Rhodesia and New Zealand. In America the single reaching number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles.