Here is a great picture of Frida for September from my 2015 Abba Calendar...
Sunday, 30 August 2015
Saturday, 29 August 2015
Thursday, 27 August 2015
The picture below shows one of the versions of "Mamma Mia" from my collection - I believe that this version was originally released in Denmark in 1975. Note that on the back of the single cover the group's first three album are all shown including the track names.
In the August 2015 issue of the magazine Hi-Fi Choice Abba's album "Arrival" in mentioned in an article looking back at 1975...
Tuesday, 25 August 2015
Monday, 24 August 2015
Sunday, 23 August 2015
On the 24th August 1992 "Dancing Queen" (b-side "Lay All Your Love On Me") was re-released in a range of formats (7", 12", CD single, cassette single) in countries where Abba had been popular during their years together.
Saturday, 22 August 2015
The 28th issue of the fanzine "International Abba Express" was published during December 1993 and included the following content -
- The first part of an interview with Bjorn originally broadcast on Swedish radio where he talks about his next musical with Benny
- A two page interview with Carl Magnus Palm where he talks about his forthcoming book The Complete Recording Sessions
- A review of "Abba Oro - Grandes Exitos"
- Copies of the press release for Josefin Nilsson's album "Shapes"
- Reviews of two Abba fan events the first of which was held in Carlisle in October and the second in Bristol in November
- A review of "Richard Clayderman Plays Abba" which was released in November
- Chart positions for "Abba Gold" and "More Abba Gold" in the UK for both the album and video collections
Friday, 21 August 2015
Thursday, 20 August 2015
Tuesday, 18 August 2015
The image below shows the East German release of Abba's 1980 single "The Winner Takes It All" from my collection....
Monday, 17 August 2015
On the 18th August 1986 "Abba Live" was released - the album was a strange collection of concert recordings and TV performances mixed together to sound like a single show. Many of the tracks were from the groups 1979 tour which eventually appear on "Abba Live At Wembly Arena" release.
Saturday, 15 August 2015
Issue no. 27 of the fanzine "International Abba Express" was published in September 1993 and included the following content -
- Information regarding Carl Magnus Palm's book "The Complete Recording Sessions"
- A review of "Shapes" by Josephin Nilsson
- An interview with the Abba tribute act Voulez-Vous
- Review of the recently re-released Agnetha and Frida solo albums
- Details of the BBC program "A For Abba" which had been broadcast recently
- Re-print of a Frida interview
- News of the release of "More Abba Gold" plus re-prints of press reviews